Clinical Specialty: Oncologic Surgery
- Director of Surgical Oncology, Sharp Healthcare
- Clinical Investigator, Sharp Clinical
- Executive Committee, Society of Surgical
Board Certifications: American Board of Surgery
Areas of Clinical Interest:
- Cytoreductive surgery and HIPEC for Gastrointestinal tract tumors, Mesothelioma, Sarcoma and Gynecological Cancers
- Breast, Endocrine, Pancreas, and Melanoma Surgery
- Gastrointestinal Oncology Surgery
- Sentinel Node Mapping of Breast and Melanoma Cancers
- Ovarian Oncology Surgery and Intraperitoneal Chemotherapy
- Liver Cancer Surgery
- Chicago Surgical Society Award for Surgical Research
- SAMA-UTMB National Research Forum Award
- Sigma Xi Roswell Park Memorial Fellowship
- Surgical Oncology, University of Illinois
- American Cancer Society Clinical Fellowship
- University of Illinois at the Medical Center, Masters Degree (Surgery)
- Roswell Park Cancer Institute Fellowship
Residency: General Surgery, University of Illinois
Internship: General Surgery, University of Illinois
Medical School: State University of New York Medical School, Buffalo
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons
- Society of Surgical Oncology
- American Society of Clinical Oncology
- American Head and Neck Society
- Society of Surgery of the Alimentary Tract
- San Diego Medical Society
- California Medical Association
Multiple Articles in Peer Review Journals, Book Chapters, Oral and Video Tape Presentations on Cancer-Related Subjects.
Developed implantable liver infusion pumps and implantable venous access devices.
Developed combination therapy of liver resection and intra-arterial chemotherapy.
Cytoreductive surgery for GI tract tumors, ovarian, colorectal, and appendiceal cancers combined with intraoperative and immediate postoperative intraperitoneal chemotherapy.
Past principal investigator of NIH grants.